NYSADSA NOW ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS
ASSOCIATION'S BOARD OF DIRECTORS
& REGIONAL LEADERSHIP
NYSADSA is seeking members who are willing to share their time, talents and energy in helping the Association and Adult Day Services Profession chart its course for the future, help run NYSADSA activity in their Region, and serve as liaisons with the membership. Volunteer leaders receive great satisfaction for their service--and we hop you will nominate a worthy colleague--or yourself!
Want to learn more about what a NYSADSA Regional Director does...read on...
The Role & Responsibilities of a NYSADSA Director
To support NYSADSA’s statewide outreach and operations by ensuring that the membership in each of NYSADSA’s three Regions is being represented. Each Region shall be represented on the Board of Directors by 1 to 2 Regional Directors, who will be elected by members within a Region.
The Board of Directors shall consist of all officers of the Association and Representatives elected from each of the regional chapters. Each Board member shall have one vote.
- All members of the Board of Directors must reside in or work in New York State, be members in good standing, attend meetings regularly, and have current dues paid.
- They shall have had experience in adult day services and NYSADSA, accept the by-laws of NYSADSA and the responsibilities of their respective terms.
A Regional Director will:
Each Regional Representative shall be elected by the membership of his/her local regional chapter of the New York State Adult Day Services Association every two years prior to the annual meeting at which time new officers are announced. The Regional Representative acts as a liaison between the regional chapter, reporting information to the Board of Directors and bringing information back to the regional chapter.
- Ensure that the membership in each region is being heard and their ideas, opinions and suggestions are presented to NYSADSA Leadership.
- Recruit and retain NYSADSA membership within the Region.
- Recommend and review NYSADSA activities and direction to improve the Association and better represent the needs of the membership.
- Advise NYSADSA Leadership of the challenges that might arise in each Region and of possible solutions.
NYSADSA Officers and Directors have a great responsibility and they play an integral part of the Association’s growth and survival. NYSADSA Staff is willing and ready to assist you in your important role. Never hesitate to contact your peers when you need help.